Monday, March 10, 2008

What a long strange week it's been . . .

Well, it's been another long and exhausting week here in the Sanford house. The week began with beautiful spring-like weather. So, I decided to take the opportunity to tackle some of my neglected pruning tasks in the front yard. Yes, you heard me right, I was going to do yard work (gasp). So, I grabbed the pruning machine (not sure what it's really called) and got to work. About 5 minutes into it, my neighbor Wendy came out and saw that I was about to butcher my entire front yard. As sweet as she is, she grabbed the "pruning machine" and cut back ALL of my shrubs. And can you believe it, I was actually sore the next day! Peter, on the other hand, began the week with fever. By Tuesday he hadn't gotten better, and I was concerned he may have the flu, so I sent him to the doctor. Turns out he had an ear infection! I'm so thankful it wasn't the flu, but who knew adults got ear infections?? On Wednesday Peter hopped a flight to FL, which may have been crazy considering his ear infection, for the rest of the week. On Friday, my mom was kind enough to take the kids so Peter and I could head into the ATL to help celebrate our friends engagement . . . congrats again Chip and Michelle. Two glasses of wine into the evening I was telling everybody about how I live in the country and don't get out much . . . nice. But, my food was great and it was even better to hang out with many of our college friends that, for one reason or another, we just don't get to see anymore.

Unfortunately Peter woke up on Saturday with a fever again. Apparently he hadn't kicked that ear infection of his yet, and we spent the rest of the day laying around and resting. What that also meant was we had to once again cancel our plans with Kasey and Josh. It's been about 3 years of trying to get this planned (no kidding) and here we go with a fever, again!

Sunday the weather perked up a bit for us and I decided it was time to do a little diggin' in the dirt. That's right, yard work again! Well, not really yard work, but planting. Here's some pics from the afternoon:


Maddie cleaning up our mess


Peter hard at work - just ignore the weeds . . .


See, I can play in the dirt too (or clean up at least)!


How many fingers can I fit into my
mouth???


Yep, I'm still adorable!


During our trip to Pike's, we decided to start a little science project for Maddie. We've planted seeds and we're going to watch them grow, and then we'll start a little garden where we can transplant the the little seedlings! Check it out . . . soon we'll have Geraniums, Basil, Chives, Parsley, and a few others that I can't remember right now! Hopefully I won't kill them with my "not so green" thumb.

No comments: