I have friends that I'm pretty sure only check our blog just to see the most recent quotes from Maddie. I often get . . . "Man, your kids are hilarious" or something of that nature. I usually blow these compliments off coyly responding with a . . . yeah, Maddie can come up with some wild things, but . . .
Not tonight . . . full on hilarity ensued and it went a little something like this:
Maddie decides that Mommy needs a boyfriend.
Because Maddie doesn't seem to be listening to me, I decide that Maddie should talk to Nana to explain why you can't have boyfriends while you're married (you know, maybe she'll listen to somebody who's been married 35+ years).
Me: Maddie, tell Nana what you said.
Maddie: Peter is wearing me out . . . he is driving me crazy!
Conversation ends because we are laughing so hard and tears are in our eyes.
I swear those words have never come out of my mouth. . . not about Peter, at least.
Just of note, Maddie thinks that not only do I need a boyfriend, but Peter needs to buy him a car! LOL!
Oh, the crazy things kids say!
happy birthday, brooks!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment