Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Family Fun

This fall has been CRAZY!  

And that's my excuse for my lack of posts.
Between Peter's crazy travel schedule, tennis, Maddie's softball, Georgia football . . . well, we've been slammed.

This past weekend was no exception, but we made a whole fall affair of it.  The 85+ degree heat was a little distracting, though.

We started our Saturday with an early softball game for Maddie and tennis match for Peter.  No pics from either, but both Peter and Maddie rocked it at their respective sports.  

We then headed over to the Fall Festival at Maddie's school.  This is a HUGE deal for the school.  It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, and the kids love it.  I worked Maddie's class booth while Peter took the kids around to play games.

 See that ship?  Mason actually went down it.  No fear that kid!

 I think he enjoyed the playground the most though

Maddie is a Sixes Star for sure!  Notice the pink hair.  We still can't get it out!

After the Fall Festival, we met up with our great friends, the Gleasons, and headed over to Cagle's Dairy to enjoy the corn maize.  We've talked about going for years, but never make it.  This year, I was determined to go.  I only wish it was a cooler out!
 There were two "maizes" to go through.  We went through both (and thankfully made it out of both!).  Fun fun!

 On a bridge trying to find our way

 I'm biased, but I think these may just be two of the cutest boys EVER!

 The kids celebrating the completion of the 2nd maize!

They had these really cool inground jumpy things.  I'd like one for my backyard, please.

On Sunday, we spent the day at my tennis match.  Nothing good to report there.
Seriously.

On Monday, the kids had a furlough day, so we took the opportunity to head into the North Georgia Mountains and visit Burt's Farm.  This place gets tons of praises.  This is another one of those places that we've wanted to go to for years, but for one reason or another, have never made it.  Maybe it was the heat or the crowds and gnats, but my experience didn't live up to all of the hype.  I mean, the pumpkins are amazing.  Every color, every size . . . they have it.  The kids thought it was really cool.  I think it would have been better if we were able to enjoy the hayride with hot apple cider while bundled in a blanket, not dehydrated and ready to strip layers of clothing!  Maybe we'll try it again another year when it's at least 20 degrees cooler.







 Maddie with our tickets to fun, aka the Hayride


They have some seriously huge pumpkins!

It was a great weekend.  With Peter gone so much lately, it was just nice to spend time as a family.  Can't beat it!

No comments: