Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bieber Fever


The little girls have Bieber fever. In fact, a lot of older girls do as well.

I am very lucky to have friends that have access to tickets that are very difficult to get your hands on . . . for free!

Maddie's "big" Christmas gift this year was to go see Justin Bieber in concert.
Except, she didn't know she was going until the day of (December 23rd) after she unwrapped the t-shirt and concert ticket!

And since this was my friend, Kristen's idea, she and her almost 4 year daughter got to accompany Maddie and I. Yes, we took a not quite 4 year old to a Justin Bieber concert.

We started off the evening with a quick dinner . . .

We then stopped for the girls to try out the XBox 360 Kinect.
It was pretty awesome.


Then it was time for the big event!

Some girl named Jasmine V. and Sean Kingston were the opening acts.  Maddie and Ella Kate didn't quite understand why JB wasn't on stage, nor did they care for the rap!


But the, Justin Bieber himself graced the stage . . . swoon!





The girls had a great time!  I must admit, as the big day came closer, I started doubting my sanity and if I could really make it through the evening without a panic attack.  Not to mention that my sister was put back in the ICU that morning.  I just wasn't sure how the evening was going to pan out.  But it was just perfect.  And Maddie was beyond thrilled.

And I'm not going to lie, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert.  There were quite a few special guests . . . Sean Kingston (I know, he was an opening act, but he came back out later in the show), Bow Wow, Ludacris, Soulja Boy, and Akon..  While the little girls didn't quite understand why these other people were out on the stage, it was right up Kristen and I's alley! 

This was just what I needed . . . a night out with some of my favorite girls!

Quick update on my sister, she's still in the hospital, unfortunately.  We were hoping that she'd be able to go home tomorrow (Monday), but that's not looking like it's going to be the case.  They are still concerned about her heart and will be performing some more tests.  Also, her potassium levels are low and they want to see those rise.  She still has a tremendous amount of pain in her kidneys from the infection, but overall you can tell that she's feeling better as her fiesty-ness has returned!

I have Christmas pictures to upload, but that may take a day or so . . . and then my birthday!  Woohoo!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: