Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oh my . . .

Well, apparently I really stink at this blogging stuff.
Or life has gotten too crazy.
Or a little of both.

It's been 5 months since my last update . . . oops!

Here's a little recap of what we've been up to (I'll try to keep it short and sweet):
 
 We started out the  year by celebrating my Dad's and Sophia's birthdays at 57th Fighter Squadron.  Super cool place, and the kids loved watching the airplanes at PDK airport take off and land while we ate lunch.





 Softball started up for Maddie and she did awesome!



Over spring break, and friend and I took the kids to Fernbank Museum. 
It was SO crowded, but the kids had a ball.
The weather screen.  There was a TV screen in front of him where he could pretend to do a weather forecast.  Unfortunately, he wasn't tall enough, and the only thing showing on the screen was the very tips of his fingers.  Bless his heart!

Mason and Maddie and their BFF's, Michael and Julia, outside of Fernbank.
 
Easter.  'Nough said.

Mason stuffing his face at his school's Easter party. 


The fam

She's so cool.

I don't know who had more fun, my cousins hiding the eggs or the kids finding them!

The Sanford's remain the Golden Egg champions!

The cousins.  Things started to get silly.

My Mom celebrated the big 6-0 this year, so my Dad treated us to a day at the spa.  
I think Leah and I scored on this deal!
Post spa-day.


While we enjoyed our spa-day, Peter took the kids up to Athens to the G-Day Game with the Davisons.

Peter and I ran our first 5k.  Small potatoes for many, but huge for us . . . neither one of us are runners and I've had reconstructive surgery on both knees.  And we ran the whole thing and finished in great time!

On Mother's Day, we met up for lunch and then headed to the park to let the kids play.

My sister and I with our sweet Mom!
 And to finish up our 5 months in pictures . . . birthday weekend! 
On Friday, Maddie had a few girlfriends over for pizza and partying.  It was supposed to be an evening at the park, but the weather wasn't cooperating . . .
Just a little Wii Dance
Present opening.  See, even the guy on the TV was celebrating!


 Then on Saturday, Peter smoked some BBQ (for 17 hours . . . oh.my.delicious) and we had the family over to celebrate Peter and Maddie's birthdays.
The birthday people
Loved having Nita with us!

So, that's what we've been up to.  Lots in between, but that's pretty much the highlights of our last 5 months.

Next up . . . end of school!
 
Today is Mason's last day of school and his school festival.  I can't believe that I'm typing those words already.  I had the pleasure of being his room mom this year, and while I loved it, I'm happy to pass the torch next year.

Maddie's last day of school is next Friday. 

And then  . . . let the summer festivities begin!



No comments: