Thursday, August 25, 2011

Neglected

I know, I've completely neglected this blog.  Life is getting in the way.  And a whirlwind of a summer.  And Facebook.  Unfortunately I post so many pictures on Facebook that I forget to put them on the blog. 

So, anyhoo . . .

We had a big weekend a couple of weeks ago!  My cousin got married and Maddie had the honor of being one of her flower girls!  It's all Maddie has wanted to do .  . . be a flower girl.  And when Katie asked, Maddie couldn't contain her excitement! 

Let me just say, this child is turning into a little lady.  Actually saying those words scare me to death.  But she is, and it's our reality.  She's sassy a lot these.  She's overcome by the need to wear the right clothes, participate in the right activities, have a particular folder for school (not even exaggerating here).  And she's only 7.

But this weekend, we couldn't have been more proud of her.  She was well mannered and polite.  She took her job incredibly serious and did it well.  She got the crowd going on the dance floor.  She literally danced the night away.

As she was getting ready to head home (at midnight mind you), tears came strolling down her face as she said, "I don't want to leave, I'm just tired."  And that was the one and only time the entire weekend that she shed a tear.  She didn't whine . . . she didn't complain . . . she just hung in there . . . the entire weekend.

So so proud of our little big girl!

Maddie and my cousin, Katie

Photo booth at the wedding.  Such a cool idea!

Thank you Bibi for teaching her this trick

Showing those Tech boys how it's done

Peter and I at the rehearsal dinner.  I just love this picture.
We've got another crazy fall ahead of us.  Peter and I are preparing for our 10 year anniversary trip to San Fran, Monterey, Napa, and Sonoma in September.  Oh, but 2 weeks before we leave, we'll be renovating our kitchen.  As in, ripping everything out.  I'm most nervous about being without a sink for an extended period of time.  And it turns out Peter will be out of town.  I've totally lost my mind. 


No comments: