This week, I have experienced life as a single Mom. No . . . I didn't kick Peter to the curb (not yet anyways), but he was in Chicago all week. I can honestly say that I . . . am . . . EXHAUSTED!
Now, I don't have any super cute pics from the week to share, but I do have a super cute story to share. Last night when I got home from tennis practice, after my neighbors fill up my car with gas (I'll tell you about that next), I decided that I needed a shower. So I put Mason in his crib with his mobile on and told Maddie to go read some books (no, she can't really read, but she can pretend). So, after my shower I get out and hear Maddie in Mason's room. What could she be up to? She was *reading* him books and he was actually laughing and cooing at her! It was SO cute! She did it again this morning while I was making coffee. My little mommy . . . precious!
Now, my car. I need to take a deep breath before I totally explode . . .
For the 4th time, I ran out of gas with my gas gauge saying I had a 1/4 tank of gas and 80 miles till empty. That's right . . . the 4th time. Nissan has "fixed" it 3 times already. I am taking it in to be "fixed" for a 4th time on Monday. I could blow a gasket right now. I was incredibly lucky in that I had just dropped the babysitter at home and was turning the corner to my street when everything went dead (power steering and all) and I was able to cruise back into my driveway. Now, it's not like I have a clunker or anything. It's only 2 years old!! So, I called my most wonderful neighbors at 9:30pm come over and put enough gas in my car so I could get to a gas station this morning. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
And so, this is what my life as a single mom is like. . . I can't WAIT for Peter to get home!!!!
happy birthday, brooks!
8 years ago
2 comments:
I can't wait to get home either.
Love you.
Now, the comment above is too sweet. The first few weeks Carson was home I had new found respect for single moms and that was while my husband was just at work. I would never make it!
Post a Comment