Monday, February 02, 2009

The Plague has Invaded

Just when I thought we were over the hump and wellness was on the horizon, Peter gets sick. Or as he describes it . . . he has the plague. Running a 102 degree fever. Sleeping through the Super Bowl. Cold sweats. In all the 12 years of knowing Peter, I have never seen him this sick or pitiful. I would have taken a photo, but I don't think he would have appreciated that very much . . .

I'm pretty sure it's strep throat. The quickie test came back negative, but they sent it off to the lab for the 24 test. We'll get the results tomorrow. This is exactly how I was a couple months ago when I had strep. If it's strep, at least antibiotics will clear him up pretty quickly. If it's not, then he'll probably just have to wait out the "virus". And that would be just plain miserable.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive test and some antibiotics!

No comments: