We spent most of the afternoon visiting today with Betty, my Grandfather's wife, and going through Grandaddy's things. Lucky for Peter, Grandaddy was a great dresser and they are pretty close in size. We now need to clean out the old college clothes for the more "mature" clothes (don't make fun, it may give Peter a complex :) ).
Over the past week, I've come to realize:
- I am incredibly blessed to have spent most of my life close to my loved ones.
- It was truly a blessing that G-Daddy decided to sell his house in Florida, which in turn meant he moved to Kennesaw, just 15 minutes from us. These past 3 years have been a gift . . . to both Peter and I, as well as our kids.
- Nobody talked the talk and walked the walk like my G-daddy. He was truly a man of inspiration.
- Trust in the Lord and He will provide . . . my G-daddy's motto, and through all of this, it was blantantly obvious me. He led a good life and was rewarded for it.
- G-Daddy is in heaven with my Grandmother. What more could he ask for?!
- And, I miss him. Terribly.

No comments:
Post a Comment