Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just another day at the park

We have had crazy weather lately. One day it will be a sunny 70 degrees and the next day it will be 45 and raining!

On Wednesday we had INCREDIBLE weather. It was definitely over 70 degrees, and I wasn't about to let the day pass by without taking advantage of it.

I decided to join a friend 0n her walk up to the park and let the kids play. Of note, she usually walks up there and I usually hop in the car and meet her there. I realized afterwards why I usually drive. It's far! Two miles there and then the 2 miles home uphill nearly killed me! But the kids had a ball and I enjoyed/needed the exercise!

Here are a few pics from the park:

This is where Mason was "making his music"
(read: running his hands back and forth along the rails)


This kid loves to swing!

Hallie and Mason's girlfriend, Caroline.


"Umm, Mom, why am I not swinging?"

After we left the park, I picked up Maddie and headed to the tennis courts to play a tennis match. And then I blew all of my calories I had just burned up on hamburgers and french fries for dinner! :)

These past several weeks have been crazy, and I have more pictures to post but am waiting on Peter to "work his magic". Peter's been traveling a lot lately. He's been gone for most of the last 7 weeks, and the kids and I have been crazy busy. Turns out that I have super popular kids and it's been birthday galore these last couple of weeks. I guess having a lot to do is better than having nothing to do when you are desperately trying to wear out your children!

No comments: