Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blondies

We've signed Maddie up for softball this season, and this weekend she had her very first practice.  

Let me just start off by saying that I am a little giddy with excitement.  I played softball as a kid.  Granted, I didn't start this young, and I wasn't nearly as promising as she is, but I loved it.  I have so many great memories from my years of playing.  So the fact that I got her to even agree to play makes me so happy . . . and proud.

There is definitely one thing that separates her abilities from mine . . . she's naturally athletic.  She is able to start a sport and shine.  Her biggest hurdle?  The heat.  This child hates to be sweaty.  Luckily her first practice was overcast, so it was a bit cooler out.

So, without further ado, our little softball player . . . 

Maddie's the one throwing the ball in the pink shirt and blue shorts

Maddie and her team

Look at that form!

A little batting practice

High Five for a job well done!

Just a few things to note here:
  • Maddie is playing in a league ranging in age from 4 to 6, which makes her one of the oldest.
  • She is one of the biggest on her team.
  • According to Peter, she is also one of the best (I had to miss her practice due to my tennis practice, so I missed out on all of the fun).
  • All of the girls on her team are little blondies, and Maddie has the darkest hair of them all.
  • Maddie came up with the team name . . . Blondies.
  • And, best of all, she seemed to really enjoy it!
She has practice twice a week and one game a week.  Throw that in with her gymnastics, girl scouts, and school . . . we'll be a little busy.  I can't even imagine what life will be like once Mason starts his sports!

No comments: