Friday, January 16, 2009

The snorkeling adventure

Our day yesterday started at 6:30am (mine at 4am, but that's another story) as we headed out for our snorkeling adventure. When we got to the marina, the winds were blowing like crazy and seas were very choppy. For a girl who gets car sick pretty easily, it never even crossed my mind that this may be a tough trip . . .

Maddie, Peter and I jumped in the water ready to snorkel. Maddie promptly decided that this was not for her. And, after about 10 minutes of snorkeling, I was getting sea sick in the water. So, Maddie and I spend most of the afternoon enjoying the beautiful sunny weather! And, since I hear that it's in the 20's in Atlanta, I'm happy to enjoy the beautiful Hawaiian weather!

The kids playing and watching the wave crash on the wall


Where I hung out most of the trip to Molokini - sipping a sprite and ginger cocktail

Some of my fellow sea-sickers. Apparently, the captain said this trip had the most sick people ever!

Molokini - where we snorkeled.

Once we got to Molokini we saw this whale breaching about 50 feet from our boat!

I had never actually seen a whale breach of the times we've been around it, and yesterday I saw it 3 times!

The boat had a slide on the back, which was a big hit!


Yesterday's sunset while Maddie was playing on the beach


The cousins before we headed out for a night on the town.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You know, you don't have to rub it in about the weather.... :-)
Love all the pics!