Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break ? ?

Two words: Spring. Break.

But there was no break this past week!

And, as my luck runs, Peter was traveling for the week. Although, let me just go ahead and say that for as much as I complain about Peter's traveling, I am even more thankful that he has a job to travel for. I just wish his travels didn't fall during spring break. I'm just sayin'.

We stayed busy and had loads of fun despite missing our favorite main man.

Because my organization skills/scheduling failed me this month (along with a little procrastination), I totally let Peter leave town without getting stuff for the kids' Easter baskets. Yikes! So, on Tuesday we hung out with Nana and G-daddy, had our picture taken with the Easter Bunny, and Nana entertained the kids so I could get some shopping done. I'll scan the Easter Bunny pic in when I get a chance. It's pretty cute, but I could have done without being in it!

On Wednesday, we headed to the zoo with the Gleasons. It was packed, but we had a ball. We'll be picking up a season pass. It was just that awesome.

On Friday, we visited Southern Prep, which is where Maddie will be celebrating her birthday with all of her friends. It was packed (thank you spring break, again), but Maddie and Mason loved it nonetheless.

And this is only 1/2 of the place

And then, Friday evening the storms hit. Typical of this time of year. Lots of tornado warnings/watches, but all turned out fine. We did get some hail though.

Maddie with some of the neighbor kids, pre-tornado warnings. Apparently they have formed a band . . . Black Broom Brawlers. Make sure to check them out next time they come to your town!

No comments: