Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On the go

In what has become "typical" Sanford fashion, we had another weekend on the go! Not that I mind . . . I kind of prefer it that way. Anyways, Friday evening we hung out with our old "peeps". A fraternity brother of Peter's, Baxter, was in town for a conference and we went ITP to the Sery's house to hang out and visit.
Me and my "peeps" - Maddie, Sarah Kate, and Mason

Mason and his BFF for the evening, Ellie.

On Saturday we went and watched Peter whoop up on the tennis court. Unfortunately Mason was in one of his . . . well, moods . . . and I spent more time chasing and instructing him, but I did see some great tennis! We then headed to the soccer fields for Maddie's game. With her game being at 2:10pm, it was hot. Very hot. Thankfully all kids were well hydrated and Maddie played great, despite her hatred for the heat and thus the sweat that comes along with it!

Then it was birthday time, which was totally the highlight of the day. Even Mason loved the bounce house. Of course, it doesn't hurt that there was a cute little girl his age there! :)

Maddie with some of her girlfriends from school. Birthday girl is in the pink!

Sunday is tennis day. And it's typically a full day. I am so lucky to play on a team with such fun women with GREAT families. Husbands and kids come spend the afternoon at the courts, and it couldn't be more fun. I mean, really, why wouldn't you stay all day?? Of course, this past weekend was extra special. Since it was our last match of the season, one of the husbands catered it for us. Holy cow . . . BBQ. . . DELICIOUS!!

Me with my mini-me

Our team . . . sort of. . . those of us that were left after at the end of the day!
I love our sign!!


Maddie and one of the other kids, Carson, cooling off their booties!

And just because this picture makes me laugh . . . Apparently Maddie took it. I'm guessing Peter or I walked outside and he wanted to come with us. His big thing these days is throwing his shoes at us and then walking and knocking on the door. The kid loves the outdoors . . . he gets that from his dad!

No comments: