Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm a sewin' . . . kind of


Maddie pretending to like the dress. A+ for effort.

Have I mentioned that Peter got me a sewing machine for Mother's Day?

Well, this was my first attempt at sewing with said sewing machine.

I've never been able to sew. In all honesty, I can't even sew on a button. In our house, that's Peter's job! :)

But, I've gotten the bug to learn, so Peter is giving me all of the tools to make it happen. He even set up a little sewing area for me in the basement! Isn't he the sweetest?!

Anyways, the other day Maddie and I bought a pattern and picked out fabric, and I went to work. After I was done, Maddie made it clear that she was not going to wear it. It is too short, but I offered to add some hot pink fabric to the lengthen the dress, but it was still a no go. Oh well, at least I got some practice, and maybe I can find someone to take it and enjoy it. :)

So, if you have any super cute and easy patterns, crafts, etc. . . please pass on. I'm desperate for something to try, but I don't want it to be a throwaway like this dress!

Also, I have a super cute maternity dress that I LOVE that I'd like to repurpose into a skirt. In my head I believe it would require buttons and a zipper, which it out of my league, but I have aspirations!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: