Over the weekend, we had two big birthdays to celebrate . . . Mason and Luca turned 3!!
And today, Mason proclaimed that he was no longer a baby, but a big kid. Usually he says big boy, but today he referred to himself as a big kid. I'm pretty sure that solidified it.
One of the great things about having cousins the same age born two days a part is that you can combine birthdays. Or in this case, add my kid's birthday to my sister's kid's birthday.
This fall has been out of hand (have I mentioned that yet?). I decided that we wouldn't do anything big for Mason's birthday this year. I was planning on throwing a cake out at Thanksgiving and calling it a day. But, my sister graciously offered up celebrating Mason's birthday with Luca's. How could I pass that up?! A birthday celebration with his very best buddy? Sounds like a plan.
We asked that in lieu of gifts for the boys that everybody bring canned goods/pantry items to donate. The response was tremendous. And, despite our requests, the boys didn't leave the party wanting for a thing. It couldn't have been more wonderful.
I was responsible for the cupcakes and Leah was responsible for the cake balls. I didn't eat any of my cupcakes, but the cake balls were delicious. And, I heard that one of the kids proclaimed that the cupcakes were the best he had ever had. I'd call that a success . . . even if it did take me nearly 7 hours to pipe icing and build roads on more cupcakes than I care to count. There was more food there, but these were the only documented . . . probably due to the fact that they both took up a ridiculous amount of time to create.
Maddie bringing in the "loot" . . . a bag full of food to donate!
Birthday boys!
Mason immediately ate the little truck off the top!
I think Luca liked it too!
Me and my sister
The Grandma's. Apparently they were comparing the size of the babies. While only a month apart in age, Cullen outsizes Sophia by at least 6 months!
My Dad, Sophia, and I. I love these two!
Birthday boys!!
The food collection! We were able to collect 88 cans, 6 full sized boxes of cereal, 9 mini boxes of cereal, 35 boxed pantry items, and 29 "other pantry items" (peanut butter, jelly, rices, etc.)!

No comments:
Post a Comment