Thursday, November 04, 2010

A Recent Conversation with the Mas-man

Mason is talking a lot these days.  He's been talking well for a while now, but recently it's like talking to a little man.  I documented in the sidebar some of the funny things Maddie said when she was younger, but with Mason, it's just not possible.  His funny sayings come from full on conversations . . . like the one we had earlier this week.

Just to set it up, Peter was out of town, and I had run up to take a shower.  When I got out of the shower I heard some rumblings going on downstairs.

Me:  Hey Mas, what's going on down there?
Mason:  I just pooped on the potty. And I wiped my butt. 
Me:  Oh good.  Thanks for wiping your bottom.
Mason (after he comes upstairs without his jeans on and dropping his drawers):  Hey Mom, look at my butt. 
Me:  I don't really want to look at your bottom buddy, but . . . oh wow, did you really wipe?
Mason:  Uh, yes.
Me:  We've got to get you cleaned up.
Mason:  There's poop in my underwear.
Me:  I see.
Mason:  See that tag?  (pointing to the Fruit of the Loom tag on his underwear)
Me:  Yes, bud.
Mason:  That says, Maddie pooped in my pants and throw them away.  The End.

Seriously, I can't even make this stuff up. 

And I've learned that when Mason is lying, he ends it with . . . The End.

And for the record, we don't allow the kids to use "butt".  However, I found the more I press him on it, the more he says it.

The End.

No comments: