Thursday, November 04, 2010

Overload



These few weeks have been crazy.
Have I mentioned that before?
Yes?

Well, here's a quick summary of what's been going on.

Last week was spirit week at Maddie's school.
Basically it's a week of planned activities celebrating wise choices (saying no to drugs, eating well balanced meals, etc.) And, since I'm class photographer, I got to attend all of the activities (yay me).

Last Tuesday, Freddie the Falcon and 3 Falcons cheerleaders came to the school for an assembly.
The kids loved it.
The boys loved the cheerleaders the most.


Class pic with one of the cheerleaders
Maddie and one of her friends from her class.  They look so old!
On Thursday, Mason has his "Story Book Day" at school. They don't celebrate Halloween, so they let the kids dress up as their favorite book character. The kids were ridiculously cute!
Mason's class with his teachers  


Lunchtime prayer
Saying The Pledge of Allegiance.  Not sure why he's down on one knee, but he did that every time they started the Pledge!
 On Friday, it was finally time for the Cattle Drive.
The Cattle Drive is a huge event at Sixes.  It is a long standing tradition that has little learning value to it (in my opinion).  But, the kids love it.  I gather the teachers don't love it as much as the kids do!  

Anyways, they spent nearly the last month preparing for the event.  They painted t-shirts, made "Wanted" posters, and made cows.  The t-shirts were made as school.  The kids made/bought/conned a local chik-fil-a cow.  I was suckered into making the "Wanted" posters for the class.

A little tangent on the cow.  You'll see Maddie with her cow in the pictures below.  It took us nearly a week to make the cow - build a frame, paper mache it, paint it, etc.  And when I say we, I mean me.  Maddie pooped out on the paper mache process shortly after deciding she didn't like the "goop" on her hands.  I've also included pictures of some of the other cows (not necessarily from her class).  Some of these cows were insane!  All I kept wondering to myself was how long it took their parents to make those suckers!!

Maddie's Wanted poster
Maddie and her cow

One of the other cows

And another one.  This one had a real skull on it and the body was huge and made out of masking tape, which was painted.  I.N.S.A.N.E.

And another one.  This little girl is actually in Maddie's class.  The cow was originally made several years ago for her brother's cattle drive and updated to be more girly for her cattle drive.
 Peter was out of town most of the week and all of the weekend.  The kids spent most of Saturday grounded.  With the threat of not being able to trick or treat, they quickly worked through their "issues".

And I'm so glad they did because they were so stinking cute! 
Maddie was Jasmine and Mason was Lightning McQueen this year.  
They decided on their costumes, and they couldn't be more perfect for them!

Maddie as Jasmine.  This kid can totally work the camera.

My Dad was out of town, so Mom came and hung out with us for the evening!  These two are crazy!

Peter got back in town just in time for the festivities.  Clearly he didn't want to be left out!

Look at them checking out their loot!

Mason and his girlfriends.  Seriously, he calls them his girlfriend.  Such a little player!

Giving Sophie a little love.
Trying to plant a wet one on Caroline, but she's about a head taller than him!
To top off the evening, we ate smores by a fire pit with some of our awesome neighbors.
 So, yes, it's been a little crazy, but tons of fun!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: