Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Busy

This weekend was crazy busy here. I don't even know where to start!

First off . . . Big props to Mason for taking his first steps. On Saturday to be exact. With each day he gets a little more brave and tonight he took about 5 steps. All without any provocation. Actually, he was playing with Harley and just got up and walked away. It's pretty cute, really. It's more like a waddle and then he falls to the ground and crawls the rest of the way. I'm actually of the opinion that walking is better than crawling in our house. There's something that grosses me out about a child putting his hands on the floor and then putting them in his mouth (as all small children do), but in our house those hands are usually accompanied by dog hair. YUCK! I'll post video once I'm able to catch him in action.

Saturday was baby shower day. We left the house around 11 am and didn't return until midnight. Three baby showers in 1 day. Ok, one shower was for 2 girls, but still. It was a couples shower catered by Moe's with beer and Margaritas. Now that's what I call a baby shower! The first served the most delicious cupcakes I have ever had. A day made up of cupcakes, burritos, and beer . . . what more could a girl ask for!

While Beth and I were at baby shower #1, Joe and Peter had a playdate:
The park = bath time

Emma and Mason resting

I don't know what is in the water right now, but I've got an insane amount of pregnant friends right now . . . all due within weeks of each other. CRAZY! Better them than me!

On Sunday we had furniture from my Grandfather's house delivered. I was very excited to get the furniture, but wasn't really prepared for it all. I thought we wouldn't get it until his house sold, but alas, the call came that we would be receiving our stuff on Tuesday. Then the call came that the delivery has been moved to Monday. On Saturday afternoon, my Mom informed me that the furniture would actually be delivered on Sunday.

Morning.

Yikes!

Did I mention we had been gone all day and didn't actually get home until midnight on Saturday? So, we scrambled to get ready for the delivery and I couldn't be more pleased with our newest additions.

Peter and Maddie's favorite new piece? The clock. My Grandfather's hobby was fixing and repairing old clocks and they had a ton of them. We received the most beautiful clock. It reminds me of their house more than I had ever imagined. It's nostalgic really. I sat in our den today and just listened to the tick tock of the clock, the half hour chimes, and the on-the-hour chimes. It's truly wonderful. Maddie loves it because she counts the chimes and knows what time it is.

My favorite new addition? The butter churner. It's a real one actually used by my Great Grandmother (plus some, I believe) to make butter. It's been passed down through the family over the years. I remember going to my grandparents' house on Morgan Lake Dr. and playing with it in their kitchen.

Well, if you've read thus far . . . thank you. And for your patience I have included some super cute pictures for your enjoyment:
Mason dining on some exquisite Georgia red clay

All Clean

Yes, I know I'm cute. See my two bottom teeth?

No comments: