Yesterday I had an emergency root canal.
It sucked.
Big time.
After spending Monday and Tuesday in agony, I finally called the dentist who referred me on to an endodontist. Turns out I was pretty bad off and a root canal was needed. I could have told them that. The truth of the matter is that if I could have gotten my hands on a pair of needle nose pliers, this tooth would have been pulled on Tuesday evening. Thankfully for me, we tend to misplace those types of tools around our house.
They patiently worked on me for 3 hours, administered 8 shots of Novocain, and I still could feel them working. About an hour and a half into it, while they were filling the roots, I screamed in agony feeling this intense pain. They couldn't believe after all of the novocain I could still feel it. With tears streaming down my face, I told them it hurt like hell and I needed more medication. Apparently what should have lasted 4 to 6 hours wore off of me in an hour and a half. Nice.
So, I left their office yesterday evening with prescriptions for ibuprofen, an antibiotic, hydrocodone (which just make me sick and dizzy - not nearly as enjoyable as I had hoped), and an intense hate for the gummie bears that had become one of my most favorite treats.
happy birthday, brooks!
8 years ago
3 comments:
Oh my goodness!! That sounds miserable! The same thing happened to me when I was getting my wisdom teeth taken out...it hurt like hell!
And BTW, I have a HORRIBLE tooth ache right now too, but I'm hoping and praying I don't have to have a root canal!!
That sounds terrible! I hope you feel better soon.
I'm so sorry to hear that! Gosh that must have sucked... At least it's over now!! I hope you feel better. - kasey
Post a Comment