Monday, August 03, 2009

And she's off!



We did it!

Actually, Maddie did it. She made it on the bus and off to Kindergarten.
We had no problems this morning. She picked out her outfit last night, her lunch was already packed up and ready to go, and SHE WAS READY!



Momma, on the other hand, didn't do as well. I was ready for this day. SO ready, for this day. I mean, this day could not have come soon enough. But, as my little girl got in line and headed onto that school bus, it was almost too much to bear.


I cried like a baby, which was awesome because there are 25 kids that catch the bus at our bus stop and I'm pretty sure Maddie was the only kindergartner (most are 1st graders this year). So, I was pretty much the only mother making a complete fool out of myself this morning. Although, I was assured that all of the 1st grade mothers that lots of tears were shed last year!

Maddie with about 2/3 of the kids from her bus stop

I know she'll do great today, and we are so excited for her!

1 comment:

Robin said...

So adorable!! I can't believe how many kids are at her bus stop! I think my sister and I were the only ones are ours as kids.