. . . and a few days. On Wednesday, Mason had his 2 month check-up and I am proud to say he is absolutely perfect! Our little man weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 3.5oz. He's in the 25th percentile for height, 50th for weight, and 10-15th for head circumference. So, he's not overachieving or anything, but we're pleased nonetheless. It's strange how our two kids our so completely opposite! Maddie was a complete overachiever . . . off the charts in many ways. She was always at least in the 75th percentile for height and weight. And head circumference, well, she was off the charts (or close to) for most of the first 2 years of her life. I wonder if this is just a small glimpse into what lies ahead of me . . .hmm.
So, I have discussed with many of you my recent desire to be the perfect SAHM (that's "stay at home mom" for all of you non internet folks). Sadly, this proves to be a much more difficult undertaking than I had originally thought. Let me explain . . . last week, my first week as a true SAHM, I forgot to go grocery shopping. That's right, I FORGOT. How does one do that?? I'm not sure, but it happened. Just before Christmas Peter agreed to let me purchase a new washer and dryer. Now, these just aren't any washer and dryers, but they are beautiful and glorious and supposed to make my life perfect in every way. Well, that may be overstating it a bit, but at the very least my whites should be whiter, my brights should be brighter, etc. Well, my whites are now pink and my brights are about 3 shades lighter. You see, my new washer has this fabulous setting called babywear. It sanitizes the dirtiest of dirty clothing. I figure it's perfect for those formula stained outfits and bibs. Well, turns out that you STILL shouldn't mix your lights and darks, especially when the setting calls for super hot water. Lesson learned . . . now where's my bleach . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment