I have dedicated most of my time this week to Mason's impending room change . . . choosing paint colors, filling and obscene amount of hole in the walls, and SEARCHING for the perfect bedding for Mason's big boy room.
Well, my 2nd trip to the outlets was a bust. A bust in that I did not find bedding for Mason. In fact, they had super cute stuff for girls, but nothing for little boys. A little frustrating. But, I did leave with some fabulous finds, which made my trip well worth it. :)
So, today I spent the entire morning while Mason was in school searching for bedding. Guess what? There's nothing out there for little boys except THEMED bedding! I'm all about themes, but I'm of the opinion that if I'm going to spend a bunch of money, it better last. I don't want to fork out the money for a bedspread with trucks and trains (his favorite stuff right now) for him to outgrow in a couple of years.
And then I found this . . .

Swoon . . . Kasey Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids
And, oh my goodness, I love it.
But it's for a 2 year old.
Do I suck it up and buy it?
So, tell me it's worth it . . . that the bedding will be perfect for him and will last forever. PLEASE, help convince me (or tell me I'm being ridiculous, whatever)! It's not on sale and the thought of that is giving me hives. Ok, not really hives, but totally stressing me out.
3 comments:
I hear you! I completely understand your concerns. Best of luck deciding what to do. The bedding is very nice and is timeless.
I would buy it... you can add some trucks and trains accents to make the room more 2 year old.. and then later change those accents to something he loves in a couple years. The bedding will go with ANYTHING so it's perfect. I almost did our nursery in that.. I loved it. I would totally go for it. Look on ebay.. people always sell pottery barn stuff on ebay. you might be able to get it cheaper.
This is what I used in the nursery for the twins-pink/yellow for Grace of course, but this was Zach's bedding. I LOVED it. It goes well with lots of things and you can add trucks/trains/cars to it if you want and when he outgrows that, you still have some awesome bedding left!
Post a Comment