Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, what else have we been up to?

Well, a lot of things actually!

Bibi, Pop, and Nana Weaver came for a visit. It was too short, but a great visit nonetheless!


Unfortunately we didn't take many pictures and didn't get any of the kids with Nita :(

I did manage to pull out a stellar meal, if I do say so myself. If you need a killer recipe, check this one out:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-parmesan-recipe/index.html

We've also been in this crazy house fix up phase. I call it a phase because we haven't done much to the interior of the house since we moved in. All of a sudden, we've been working, and working hard on making it "home". I guess the prospect of having to live here for many more years has kicked our butts in gear. Also, 5 1/2 years of us ignoring the "little" things that we hated when we moved in.

So, we've been switching out light fixtures:

Slowly, but surely, getting rid of all of the brass:

I spray painted all of our air vents in oil rubbed bronze. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I painted our stark white mantle in a nice warm milk chocolate brownwith a dark chocolate brown glaze. Love it! (The color in the picture is all messed up and I'm too lazy to fix it, but our wall are beige,
not whatever this greeny-yellow-beige color that is showing up)! I walked into home depot knowing what I wanted to achieve, but had no idea how I was going to do it. Can you imagine the looks on their faces as I asked them about color schemes and techniques? Priceless! But, I am very happy with the results even though I was told to "just play around with it, you'll figure it out." Umm, this glaze stuff dries fast! There's no "playing around" with it. I probably should have practiced first, but I am totally not patient enough for that nonsense!


I also switched out all of our door knobs downstairs minus the outside doors,
which is more than this chickie can handle on her own while the husband is traveling! I originally tried spray painting those as well, but the results were not nearly as nice as the vents! So, I had to replace with new ones, which ended up not being all that bad since Home Depot carries an inexpensive line that suited me just fine!

Oh, and then there was this . . .
Yes! Girl Scout cookies have arrived! And lots of them! I have sorted through them all and need to deliver before Mason breaks into all of the boxes. So, if you ordered cookies, you'll be hearing from me soon. Oh, and I believe Maddie was the big seller for her troop - over 150 boxes, so thank you to everybody that ordered! She is SO excited!

Well, I guess that's all for now!

No comments: