Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Mason's room continued . . . again

Mason's room is coming along. On Monday, Mason's (new) room and Peter's (new) office were painted. They look SO good! And, my friend Kasey found the pillow sham of the bedding I wanted already monogrammed with Mason's name on Ebay. I bought it, so I'm now committed. Thank you Kasey! How cute is it! Now I just need the actual bedspread/quilt. Oh, and the bed (minor details).


We took the panels that were already on the windows and hemmed them (read: I took iron on hem tape) and they're now hanging on the closet as "doors". They are perfect!

We are taking one set of doors that were on Mason's closet and turning them into a new desk for Peter's office. We've confirmed that this is, in fact, actually possible. I just have to find a bookshelf and have the glass cut. Oh, and paint the doors black. Peter spray painted his file cabinet black this evening and it's just perfect . . . almost. He's not done, but I do believe it will be perfect when he finishes up.

It's all about re-purposing. If that's even a word.

I'll post pictures when it's all done.

The painting of the new rooms left my hallway looking pretty awful. I decided to break out the paint and repaint the walls and trim. The trim being oil based paint. Harley seemed to like it enough to brush by or sit on 4 different places. I now have to sand down and repaint 4 spots of the trim. I hate working with oil based paint . . .

On a side note that very few of you will find interesting, Mason's teacher called me today to tell me he used the potty at school. Actually, he asked to go. Big step in the right direction. We broke out the "potties" a while back when he first showed interest, but haven't really pushed the whole potty training thing. He eventually lost interest. Then, over the weekend, he started asking again. Fingers crossed that this time he'll keep his interest. He gets "it", but I think he doesn't want to stop playing to take the time out to actually go to the bathroom. Tonight he took off his diaper and peed on our floor. Kind of gross, but also progress. Call it the silver lining if you will.

No comments: