Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Field Trip

Today Maddie's class is taking a field trip. They're going to a pumpkin patch and picking out pumpkins and there will be hayrides. . . all sounds glorious. Except that it's really cold today. The high is only expected to get to 53 degrees, and that'll probably be around 3pm. So, their field trip will be really cold. We left school yesterday with strict instructions for pants, a hat, tennis shoes, and a warm coat. Great - off to the store we go. Lucky us, her warmest coat from last winter still fits, but we didn't have a hat or tennis shoes. I know, what kid doesn't own a pair of tennis shoes? Mine. But, when we were picking them out, she was very specific . . . must have shoe laces. I guess we're going to have to teach her how to tie them now!

She got a hat with matching mittens and tie up Sketchers. She LOVES the sketchers because all the kids in her class have them. She doesn't call them her tennis shoes or sneakers, she refers to them as her sketchers. And, she says they make her run faster. Winter with pants and real shoes may actually go a little easier than expected!

I didn't know they made hats so cute!

This is what I got after I asked Mason to say MaMa.

No comments: