Friday, October 03, 2008

Warning: This is going to be a little sappy

Today I'm sitting here watching the sweetest little boy ever redecorate my house. Picking up pillows and placing them where he thinks they belong. Pulling out all of the tupperware and spreading all of the bowls and lids throughout the downstairs. Normally this kind of chaos would drive me crazy. But lately, it has amazed me how fast my little baby is growing up. Developing a little mind of his own. Following his big sister around with such love and amazement. Sharing, yes sharing, his milk with us.

Yesterday we went to a music class for the first time, and Mason had a ball. He ran around like crazy, chasing all of the little girls. At one point, I looked over and he was trying to hold a little girl's hand. Could it get any sweeter?

It also dawned on me that we have a 1st birthday to plan. Really? How is it that we are only 6 weeks away from his 1st birthday? I feel like it was only yesterday that I was planning my maternity leave, decorating Mason's nursery, and preparing Maddie for the role as a big sister. This time has flown by, faster that I anticipated, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Already reading trashy novels

Check out his kickin' new shoes. Can you believe he's already
worn out his 1st pair of shoes??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love sap. And I love these pictures of Mason! Hard to believe Ian will be that big one day. Hope all is well with y'all!

Emily S. said...

oh he looks so CUTE in that last shot! Love the outfit!

Melanie said...

I know, right?! How has a year passed already?

He is adorable. . . And I love that you are able to appreciate the chaos. I need to work on that myself.