Tuesday, October 21, 2008

High School . . . what?

This weekend is the opening weekend of High School Musical 3. Weeks ago, Maddie saw a commercial about the newest and greatest High School Musical and hasn't stopped talking about it since.

Maddie hasn't always had a special place in her heart for these crazy high school kids. It used to be Finding Nemo. But, about a year ago, I was asked to accompany a client to High School Musical on ice. They gave me 3 tickets and a parking pass. How could I say no? So, we loaded the DVD player with the movies to help Maddie familiarize herself in hopes that she may actually understand what was going on on the ice rink. And familiarize herself she did. By the time we went, she knew all the words to the movies AND the songs. And thus, her undying love for Troy Bolton and Gabriella began.

So, as a special treat to my 4 year old little Diva, I have decided to surprise her with going to see HSM 3 on Sunday. I am totally crazy. Out of my mind. Accompanying us will be my mom, with her everlasting patience (hey, she did raise me, right?). You see, this little adventure I am planning could completely throw me over the edge. Lots of adolescent girls, long lines, crowds, the possibility of not even being able to get tickets. All a recipe for disaster, which my patience (or lack thereof) cannot handle.

So keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer for us, that High School Musical 3 actually comes to fruition. And that I may just win top spot in heart of my daughter.

***

We also want to wish a very special Happy Birthday to Nita and Leslye, both of whom have birthdays this week!! We love y'all!

No comments: