Last night I watched The Real Housewives of Atlanta and was a bit horrified by what I saw. First, let me just say that none of these women actually live in Atlanta. They all live in the suburbs of Atlanta. Two actually live in my parents neighborhood, which I affectionately refer to as the "red light district". Why call it by that? Because that's where the Madam lives.
Secondly, they all talk about how high society they are, but most of them can't even speak proper English. Seriously Bravo, is this the best you can do?
Let me tell you a little about the life of a "real" housewife.
I have two kids. I drop Maddie of at her state funded Georgia Pre-K program Monday - Friday and come home to care for our 10 month old, the house, the bills, etc. There is no nanny to help out, no house manager to unpack our guests bags, and no chef to do our grocery shopping and cooking. All parties are planned by me, not a professional planner. I don't have a publicist (Really? Why in the world does a "housewife" need a publicist?) to create media buzz about how awesome my life is. I don't wear flashy clothes and most certainly am not dressed by stylists. Take a walk through my closet and the best you may find is Ann Taylor Loft, but the majority is Old Navy. I don't (and can't) spend $3,000+ on a purse that will only get used once.
One of the women actually had the audacity to comment that in the upper class, race is not an issue. I've got news for you lady, I've got friends from all races and all walks of life.
I understand that my life is not tv worthy and probably would be very bad for ratings. But come on, couldn't they find somebody that actually lived in the city?
I really like The Real Housewives of Orange County, but these women of Atlanta are ridiculous and frankly, an embarrassment to Atlanta.
Oh, and let me just say that I don't have a problem with this kind of lifestyle. I think there are plenty of hardworking people that have been very successful in life and deserve these luxuries, but to come on tv and brag about it like these ladies do, it's just pathetic. And far from real.
That's all for now. Carry on with your day.
happy birthday, brooks!
8 years ago
1 comment:
Ha. LOL! you crack me up.. i LOVE your blogs... they should film me.. sitting on the couch on a dang computer all day. The ratings would Hit the roof!!! Love ya! Kasey
Post a Comment