On Monday, I roasted the chickens, made chicken stock, and then a pot pie for dinner.
On Tuesday, we had chicken tortilla soup. On this one, I pulled the recipe from Oprah as well, but then decided it just wasn't going to work for us. So, I took the basics of the recipe and then created a soup that better worked for our family . . . making it a little thicker along with adding some extra veggies.
Last night, we had this:
Wow! Chicken Pesto Farfalle. Now, I'm not a pesto lover. At all. But this recipe stole my heart. Bonus, we used the basil and parsley from our garden! Plus, BOTH kids ate it. Mason will pretty much eat anything we put in front of him, but Maddie has become a little picky these days.
Seriously, try these out. Well worth the effort (and the mess in your kitchen).
No comments:
Post a Comment