Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

What a weekend! As usual, we played tennis on Saturday morning, which turned into another all day event due to waiting out the rain. On Sunday, we celebrated Daddy! Peter already had his Father's Day celebration a little early, but we headed over to my parent's house yesterday afternoon to have a Father's Day dinner. My dad smoked some yummy ribs and we made the dessert . . . chocolate mocha trifle. Dinner and dessert was truly sinful, but well worth every calorie! Here are a few pics of the family . . .

Paolo, Leah, Luca, Rebekah, Mason, Maddie and Peter

4 generations: My Grandfather, father, myself, and my kids,
and of course, my dear hubby

Another 4 generations


You know, it's times like these that I am so thankful for my family. To be able to spend time with my grandfather, my kids great-grandfather, is truly special. He's the only great-grandfather in town, and I just love it that they will get to know him and his legacy. I hope that someday he will share with Maddie and Mason stories of my grandmother because together she and my grandfather did some amazing things. I'm not typically a "blessed" kind of girl, but today, I truly feel blessed.

No comments: