Monday, June 30, 2008

The storm gods are upon us

We have had some wicked storms this weekend. And I mean wicked! On Friday night our neighbors house was struck by lightening. Peter will have to post about that since I wasn't home for all of the excitement. But, it took out our internet (total bummer). Luckily the Comcast repair folks work on Sundays, and alas my life is complete again. You don't really know how much you depend on the internet until you don't have it anymore. But, the Comcast dude told me the lightening also took out our router, which means I can't connect my laptop to the internet. Total bummer, again. Peter was excited because our 1 year old router was already outdated and he was already planting the seed to get a new one anyways. But, the highlight of the day (for Peter, at least) was that the Comcast dude thought Peter was in IT. Apparently our house is set up as if a pro had done it. Nice job, babe. I guess if the advertising gig ever gets tiring . . .


These pictures were taken after the bad storms last night. The sky was pretty incredible.

No comments: