Monday, June 09, 2008

I Hate Painting

That's right folks . . . I hate painting. But I was inspired, and thus I painted. Here's the thing, about 3 years ago, I picked out a ducky theme for Maddie's bathroom. Loved it. And then I decided that "one day" I would paint Maddie's bathroom blue and white vertical stripes to match her shower curtain. But, I hate painting and that "one day" never came. Until last weekend. I went to a wedding shower and saw the cutest room! Now, let me just preface this with the house we were at is impeccably decorated and has been since like 4 hours after they moved in. Sara is just a wonderful decorator. Well, she's pregnant with a little boy due in September. She painted his room this super cute blue color with 3 white horizontal stripes. I was inspired. I could do this. After all, if a 6 month pregnant girl can do it, certainly I can too. Right. Have I mentioned that I hate painting? So, I'm done with the blue base coat and will start the white stripes soon . . . I hope. But, remember these words: I HATE PAINTING! And, the next time I say I'm going to paint, please remind me how much I hate to paint.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I always convince myself that I don't mind painting. . . until half way through a painting project that isn't turning out exactly right from the get go... And then I swear I'll never do it again.

The only way out now is to finish, right? :)

Good Luck! & post pictures of your success when you're done!