We started the afternoon off with Doctor appointments for both kids: Maddie's 4 year and Mason's 6 month. Even though Mason was already running a low grade fever, everything checked out and shots were given to both!
Maddie's 4 year stats: 35 pounds and 39 inches tall! She's right where she needs to be and everything falls in the 50th percentile.
Mason's 6 month stats: 17pds 10oz and 26 inches tall! He's also right there in the 50th percentile.
Since Maddie took her shots like a champ, we headed on for ice cream. Bribery always does the trick! By the time we got home the clouds were black. It was insane! The news put us under a tornado warning, so the kids and I headed down to the basement for a couple of hours. Right as the peak of the storm hit, Mason's fever spiked and wouldn't you know it, we were stuck in the bathroom of the basement. All I could hear was the hail pounding against the house. I don't know if I've ever been so freaked out. Plus, Peter was out of town. Just my luck.
At 3am I found Mason to be burning up at 104 degrees! I called the childrens hospital and they said I'd have to bring him in if I couldn't get his fever down to 101-102 within the hour. Nice. I was already panicked, but dragging my super sleeper 4 year old and my restless 6 month old to the ER 45 minutes away . . . well, I had no idea how I was going to be able to do it. Luckily for me, Mason's fever dropped to 102 and he finally went to sleep. At 5am. I'm tired. Very tired.
So, we're headed to my Mom's house so I can catch a litte shut eye while she watches the kids. And, hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to go strawberry picking!
5 comments:
ugh i hope he's doing much better now...we're in austin and had to deal with those 'twister clouds' too...scary stuff!
why is it that our husbands always seem to be traveling when tornados hit? they miss all the fun. Hope Mason's doing better!
Hope Mason is feeling better and that you get to pick some strawberries! Can't wait to see the pics!
oh, bless your heart. I'm so sorry.. . That must have been so scary. I'm glad you have back up near by. geez, what a night. . .
so scary! hope Mason is feeling better and that you got some sleep today.
Post a Comment