Wednesday, May 14, 2008

6 months gone

Wow. Today, Mason is 6 months old. Celebrating the 6 month mark isn't something that we do for most people(although I'd prefer to celebrate my "half birthday"). But lets face it, the first 6 months of a child's life aren't the easiest, and we can now all breath a sigh of relief. We're all alive and thriving. Yay! Let's see what we (meaning Mason)have learned over the past 6 months.
  • If I scream real loud Mom and Dad (or anybody within hearing distance) will come running
  • Solid foods are not my favorite, but it feels good between my fingers
  • Raspberries . . . I love to blow them, especially when there is food in my mouth
  • I love my mom's face when I blow raspberries with food in my mouth and it goes all over her
  • That people will make funny faces at me just to make me smile
  • Rolling over is fun
  • Crawling backwards gets me stuck in corners, under couches, and under chairs (very scary) . . . hopefully I'll have that forward crawling stuff figured out soon.
  • THAT I AM SIMPLY THE CUTEST 6 MONTH OLD AROUND


And here are some pics from Maddie's birthday dinner. She has been celebrating her 4th birthday for the last 5 days. She woke up this morning and the first thing she said was "Mom, it's not my birthday anymore?" Like you need to ask. No, it's not honey.



And just one more thing, please keep my friend Lauren, her husband, Andrew, and their son, Carson in your prayers. You can check out their story here. Carson was born premature and just celebrated his first birthday. While he is truly thriving today, they had a long and hard 80+ days of hospitals, surgeries, etc. Carson is scheduled for an MRI to check the plates in his head as there is some concern that they may have fused. If this is the case, he will require ANOTHER surgery. So, please keep the Hess family in your prayers that he will not need to endure another surgery. Thank you!

Oh, and just ignore the fact that the slideshow is on here twice. I can't figure out how to get the smaller one off!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

mason is adorable! Those big blue eyes are amazing! Happy half birthday to him!

Unknown said...

Your babies just get more adorable by the day!

Thanks for all of the tips and advice - you and Peter are our parenting (and gardening!) gurus! Hope to see you soon...

Martina said...

i love it!! i'm totally stealing your six month post idea! good stuff! :)