Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Reading S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R

So yesterday we woke up and I told Maddie that if she could tell me what I was spelling, then we would do that (what I was spelling). Here's how our conversation went:

Me: Hey Maddie, if you can tell me what P-O-O-L spells, then we'll go to it today.

Maddie: Mom, I can't read (with of hint of
mom, you're really annoying me type of tone)

Me: Come on, just give it a try. P-O-O-L . Sound it out.

Maddie: Peter?

Me: No

Maddie: Jesus?

Me: What? Goodness, I guess we're not going to the pool today.

Maddie:
Completely melts down. But I want to go to the pool today!

Me: Well, what does P-O-O-L spell?

Ok, I'm not going to bore you with the rest, but you get my point. After a good 20 minutes of this, we finally showed her pictures of a pool with pool spelled out underneath.

Needless to say we ended up at the pool. And, she now knows that P-O-O-L spells pool.

For a kid so smart . . . it was painful . . .




1 comment:

Martina said...

omg! that is too funny...i'da taken the faucet sprayer and tried that way, but that's just me, lol.